Software Development Manager – Breda
The Software Development Manager is a servant leader who creates and fosters a highly energetic and motivated team environment that consistently delivers outstanding software on time and on budget. You will lead one or more teams of software engineers of mixed seniority (20-25 FTE), to build and sustain products and platforms that meet market needs and operational requirements, providing a Software-as-a-Service offering to our customers.
The Software Development Manager is responsible for:
- Actively driving the recruitment and retention of top talent, screening resumes, performing interviews and managing the resource pool assisting in performing interviews.
- Supporting the onboarding of new team members, including ensuring our ACPMS Engineering Academy stays up to date.
- Promoting the organization at events with educational institutes to expand our profile in the marketplace and attract new talent.
- Driving the definition, refinement and execution of Personal Development Plans.
- Identifying, budgeting and scheduling training sessions for team members.
- Planning and executing coaching sessions (1:1).
- Performance management through regular synchronization with team members.
- Managing escalations at the team and line management level.
- Managing capacity planning, identifying organizational knowledge needs for product evolution and planning accordingly.
- Working together with your peer managers, continuously improving the execution model.
- Driving ATDD execution, ensuring full-stack engineering.
- Proactively identifying risks and providing mitigation strategies in the delivery model.
- Owning and organizing product implementation estimations and associated investment guidance, providing options for implementation based on cost/benefit analysis.
- Facilitating effective working models across departments.
To promote success in this role, the following attributes are of importance to us:
- A minimum of 5 years of (technical) leadership experience backed by a software engineering background.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with continuous improvement and continuous delivery initiatives, such as DevOps.
- Experience with quality management, preferably including ATDD.
- Proficiency in performance management and problem-solving analysis.
- Remaining at the forefront of the latest developments in the software field and have a pragmatic view of when to work with the team to introduce new technologies and processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools and technologies, including Azure and Office.
- Good understanding of database principles and experience in T-SQL.
- The availability for occasional travel to customer sites and conferences.
Amadeus Hospitality in the Netherlands (formerly known as Itesso) is a premier global provider of advanced software solutions to the hospitality industry. For over two decades we have been providing groundbreaking solutions to hotels and hotel chains worldwide. Some of our customers include IHG (EMEA), Best Western International (Global), Coast Hotels (USA/Canada), Van der Valk Hotels (Europe), Bastion Hotels (Netherlands) and Golden Tulip (Global). We offer revolutionary Cloud-native hospitality technology with our ACPMS (cloud based property management system). Other products include Hotel Concepts IDPMS and Brilliant PMpro. With offices worldwide, we are able to support global hotel companies in rolling out a single chain-wide solution. Dedicated to providing local support, our regional offices are located in Breda, The Netherlands for the EMEA region, Atlanta, GA for the Americas, and Sydney for Asia-Pacific.
- A competitive salary.
- Good working conditions (including travel allowance).
- A collective pension scheme.
- The chance to work with and explore the latest (cloud) technologies.
- The ability to obtain training and certificates relevant to our technology and industry.
- An international, open and modern workplace and an informal atmosphere in Breda’s city center.
For more information or a direct application, please contact:
Benjamin Wolders, Corporate Recruiter, via +31 641902319 or benjamin.wolders@amadeus-hospitality-IT-careers.com.
Application contact information
Are you looking to join the world’s first true cloud-native company serving the hospitality Industry? We are building a team in Breda (the Netherlands). No opportunities for remote or freelance-based work.
If this position appeals to you, then please send an email with your CV and motivation letter to benjamin.wolders@amadeus-hospitality-IT-careers.com. For more questions about this position, please send a mail or call: 0641902319.
We are an equal opportunity employer and appreciate a multicultural team environment.
This position will be required to pass a background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.