Software Architect – Breda
Do you love the engineering challenges of designing, crafting and delivering state of the art technology running on the Microsoft Azure platform? A successful Software Architect in our team will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, supporting multiple SCRUM teams. You will be the “go to” team member for design of the platform, and quality of the solution.
The Software Architect is responsible for the underlying design of the platform. Led by design patterns and extensive experience he evergreens the best possible architecture for all aspects of availability, scalability, security and reliability while keeping the product at a positive ROI.
You guard and defend the Architectural Design in a constructive way while balancing trade-offs between usability of the product and performance and are always striving towards improvements. Steering the feature teams through volunteering advice and providing guidelines for implementation, you proactively focus on improving testing and coding guidelines and continuously pursue improving efficiency and effectiveness of all the engineers on the team. Our Software Architects watch the non-functional behavior of the system to seek out future enhancements and help groom the product backlog to reduce and minimize architectural debt.
Our ideal candidate possesses a variety of traits, amongst which:
- A deep professional software engineering experience, including on lead / architect level
- Solid coding skills in C#, fluent in object oriented design and asynchronous programming
- Proven ability to remain at the forefront of the latest cloud platform services and have a pragmatic view of when to introduce new technologies into the product and solutions
- Proficiency in designing, coding, debugging and delivering multithreaded, scalable enterprise-class integrated applications to provide the right level of guidance for others
- Deep understanding of REST and SOAP web services
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure PaaS including App Services, Service Bus and Storage
- A DevOps mindset, taking responsibility of our SaaS product throughout the entire lifecycle, including when running in production
- Experienced in Continuous Delivery, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and communication skills
- Hands-on coaching mentality, promoting code quality through reviews and guidelines
- Experienced with SCRUM methodologies of development, preferably SAFe experience
- Fluency in English
Amadeus develops open, cloud-based technology solutions for global hospitality organizations. From search and booking to check-in and departure, our offerings help hospitality companies improve efficiency, deliver exceptional experiences and exceed their brand promise. Our team in Breda, the Netherlands, consists of experienced hospitality professionals who create hotel software they know will serve the needs of their customers. The Amadeus Cloud Property Management System makes us an organization that delivers Software as a Service.
We deliver cutting edge technology running on the Microsoft Azure platform, practicing Test Driven Development and a DevOps mindset within an agile development environment. We foster a multicultural team and open exchange of ideas.
• Competitive salary
• Good working conditions (incl. travel allowance)
• Collective pension scheme
• Working with the latest (cloud) technologies
• Great opportunities to explore new technology
• Opportunity for growth and career development, both in depth and breadth
• Open and modern workplace and an informal atmosphere in Breda’s city centre
For more information or a direct application, please contact:
Ellen Ceelen, Corporate Recruiter, via +31 6 41 13 96 78 or email@example.com.
Application contact information
Are you looking to join the world’s first true cloud-native company serving the hospitality Industry? We are building a team in Breda (Holland), no remote or freelance based work.
If you are enthusiastic and fully engaged, then Please send an email with your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please send a mail or call: 076-5305353 and ask for Ellen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and appreciate diversity within our team.