Software Architect – Breda
Do you love the engineering challenges of designing, crafting and delivering state of the art technology running on the Microsoft Azure platform? A successful Software Architect in our team will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, supporting multiple SCRUM teams. You will be the “go to” team member for design of the platform, and quality of the solution.
The Software Architect is responsible for the underlying design of the platform. Led by design patterns and extensive experience he evergreens the best possible architecture for all aspects of availability, scalability, security and reliability while keeping the product at a positive ROI.
You guard and defend the Architectural Design in a constructive way while balancing trade-offs between usability of the product and performance and are always striving towards improvements. Steering the feature teams through volunteering advice and providing guidelines for implementation, you proactively focus on improving testing and coding guidelines and continuously pursue improving efficiency and effectiveness of all the engineers on the team. Our Software Architects watch the non-functional behavior of the system to seek out future enhancements and help groom the product backlog to reduce and minimize architectural debt.
Our ideal candidate possesses a variety of traits, amongst which:
- A deep professional software engineering experience, including on lead / architect level
- Solid coding skills in C#, fluent in object oriented design and asynchronous programming
- Proven ability to remain at the forefront of the latest cloud platform services and have a pragmatic view of when to introduce new technologies into the product and solutions
- Proficiency in designing, coding, debugging and delivering multithreaded, scalable enterprise-class integrated applications to provide the right level of guidance for others
- Deep understanding of REST and SOAP web services
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure PaaS including App Services, Service Bus and Storage
- A DevOps mindset, taking responsibility of our SaaS product throughout the entire lifecycle, including when running in production
- Experienced in Continuous Delivery, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and communication skills
- Hands-on coaching mentality, promoting code quality through reviews and guidelines
- Experienced with SCRUM methodologies of development, preferably SAFe experience
- Fluent in English
Amadeus Hospitality in the Netherlands (formerly known as Itesso) is a premier global provider of advanced software solutions to the hospitality industry. For over two decades we have been providing groundbreaking solutions to hotels and hotel chains worldwide. Some of our customers include IHG (EMEA), Best Western International (Global), Coast Hotels (USA/Canada), Van der Valk Hotels (Europe), Bastion Hotels (Netherlands) and Golden Tulip (Global). We offer revolutionary Cloud-native hospitality technology with our ACPMS (cloud based property management system). Other products include Hotel Concepts IDPMS and Brilliant PMpro. With offices worldwide, we are able to support global hotel companies in rolling out a single chain-wide solution. Dedicated to providing local support, our regional offices are located in Breda, The Netherlands for the EMEA region, Atlanta, GA for the Americas, and Sydney for Asia-Pacific.
- Competitive salary
- Good working conditions (incl. travel allowance)
- Collective pension scheme
- Working with the latest (cloud) technologies
- Great opportunities to explore new technology
- Opportunity for growth and career development, both in depth and breadth
- Open and modern workplace and an informal atmosphere in Breda’s city centre
For more information or a direct application, please contact:
Benjamin Wolders, Corporate Recruiter, via +31 641902319 or benjamin.wolders@amadeus-hospitality-IT-careers.com.
Application contact information
Are you looking to join the world’s first true cloud-native company serving the hospitality Industry? We are building a team in Breda (the Netherlands). No opportunities for remote or freelance-based work.
If this position appeals to you, then please send an email with your CV and motivation letter to benjamin.wolders@amadeus-hospitality-IT-careers.com. For more questions about this position, please send a mail or call: 0641902319.
We are an equal opportunity employer and appreciate a multicultural team environment.
This position will be required to pass a background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.